in support of Veterans’ Health Week on 31st October 2021.
Supported by the Lord Mayor’s Community Fund and the Hamilton Ward Office.
We welcome all of the local community to come and join us in Ascot Park (cnr Kitchener and Lancaster Roads, Ascot) for an exciting day of activities for the whole family.
This wonderful day will include
- Workshops designed to encourage us to get up and moving, as well as bring us together as a community. Yoga in the Park with Clayfield Yoga Studios. Outdoor Fitness with Your Commando Tim Thomas. Learn an Instrument with Independent Music. Low and Slow BBQ Cooking. Register for your workshop time here.
- Interesting displays and information related to local history and veterans interests including RAEMUS Rover Racing.
- Adventure activities for the kids (and young at heart) including a rock climbing wall, Giant inflatable water slide, jumping castle, face painting, giant yard board games with Green Frog Adventures as well as backyard cricket and touch football with some surprise guests.
- Food from classic breakfast delights through to delicious low and slow cooked pulled meat rolls for lunch from our cooking workshops. Coffee and drinks will be available all day, as well as treats for the whole family.
- Music and Entertainment in the Rotunda all day with performances from local schools, military bands and professional local musicians.
Register now, bring your picnic rug and appetite and enjoy a Sunday in the park with us.
All workshops, activities and rides are free to Veterans and their families, including a complimentary veterans lunch. Community members and families are welcome and encouraged to come along and enjoy the food and music.
You are also welcome to join in the fun of workshops, rides and activities for a small donation of $10 for kids, $12 for adults, or $25 for the whole family.
Pre registration is encouraged as workshop numbers will have limits, however you are more than welcome to register and pay for your wristbands on the day.
Remember, a Veteran is anyone who has pulled on a uniform in the Australian Defence Forces, regular or reserve, no matter how short or long your service. Come and join us for a chat. You never know who you might meet.
We would not have been able to do our work over the past 100 years without the generous support of the community, and we look forward to being able to host this event as not only a way to support veterans, but also as a thank you to the community.
Thank you to the Department of Veterans Affairs and the Brisbane City Council for specific funding for this event. We would also like to thank our Federal Member, The Honorable Trevor Evans MP, State Member for Clayfield Mr Tim Nicholls MP, and Hamilton Ward Councillor David McLachlan for their continued support of the Sub Branch.